[REQ] Please add Tasker Pre- and Postconnect event

Support requests about VPN Client Pro
jnko

[REQ] Please add Tasker Pre- and Postconnect event

Post by jnko »

First art all I love VPN Client Pro. Thanks a lot for that!

But I've a feature request that I would love to see.

A Tasker plugin Pre- and Postconnect event.

Background: I've always running Blokada on my phone which itself acts as a VPN service. Due to the fact that only one VPN service is allowed at a time on Android I always need to manually disable Blokada before I can use VPNClientPro and revert all back after use. That's quite annoyning...

So if there were a Tasker Pre- and Postconnect event I would be able to let Tasker disable Blokada and then connect via VPNClientPro and also automatically revert the config afterwards.

The already existing Tasker "Connected" and "Disconnected" events unfortunately does not support this kind of usage.

Please think about adding this.

Thanks in advace
jnko
admin
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Please add Tasker Pre- and Postconnect event

Post by admin »

Thanks for using my app.
Maybe I can change the app to fire also the "Connecting" event.
Anyway the Tasker events are async so the "Connected" event will be fired also if the Tasker has not finished to handle the previous "Connecting" event.
jnko

Post by jnko »

admin wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:58 pm Anyway the Tasker events are async so the "Connected" event will be fired also if the Tasker has not finished to handle the previous "Connecting" event.
Well sounds clear. Perhaps some kind of communication?

For example VPNClient fires an event when user clicked connect and waits for some kind of answer from tasker before really connecting (and vice versa) ?

Another idea would be to let tasker control the connection and disconnection of VPNClient. Well I could'n use VPNs widgets anymore but were able to steer the whole process of disable blokada->connect via VPNClient (and reverse)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm sorry but the Tasker plugin events use a one way communication, so is not possible to receive an acknowledgement.

I think that the best way is let tasker control the connection, so you can create a task that disable blokada and then connect the VPN.
Tasker should allow to create a task's shortcut on the home page that you can use instead of widget.