NAT-T Support for Softether Protocol (Using UDP 53 instead of 443)

Support requests about VPN Client Pro
phllip22

NAT-T Support for Softether Protocol (Using UDP 53 instead of 443)

Post by phllip22 »

Hello,

Thank you for your app. I was using it with no issues until last month when the government of Iran implemented deep inspection packet tools on their ISPs for the 443 port/HTTPS protocol. Before last month, your app was working perfectly fine and I thank you.

However here is the problem I'm having as of last month:

I have two phones that I'm using in Iran. One of which is an iPhone and has a client for Softether protocol (443 TCP) which supports NAT-T (using DNS packets over UDP 53 instead).

My other phone is using is your product (which was working great until last month after deep packet inspection tools were used to block protocols like HTTPS-Softether).

My issue is that I cannot connect to home computer's SoftEther server in the USA with your app on my Android because there is no NAT-T support meanwhile the iOS app is using NAT-T to bypass the national firewall and establishing connections on UDP 53 instead with DNS packets.

My laptop is also using the same feature with the official softether client and all is working great. However I am in desperate need of any support you can provide to allow your app to work the same way my iOS app is working or my Windows laptop. I can pay you a considerable amount to add this as a feature since not just myself, but many other folks are in desperate need of this.

I can send you the logs of the iOS client for you to see how it connects/uses NAT-T with the softether protocol as well as the logs from the PC client. I am NOT using any other protocols like OpenVPN, IPSec, L2TP, etc.

Here is how the softether server works with NAT-T when the DNS Packets/Port 53 option is enabled:

http://www.softether.org/1-features/1._ ... (Awesome!)

Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Re: NAT-T Support for Softether Protocol (Using UDP 53 instead of 443)

Post by admin »

Hello,
currently the app implements the SoftEther protocol only with TCP connections.
Thank you for your suggestion. I'll think about it...
phllip22

Post by phllip22 »

Is there any possibility of paying for a custom version that caters to my needs? I would be more than happy to pay you for your time/efforts since your app is not only super solid, but the only available app on the play store. Would be forever grateful if possible, otherwise thanks for your response.

UDP acceleration, compression and encryption can remain off or on, it's not crucial to have since regardless if they're on or off the VPN over DNS feature will work regardless.

As well the number of connections can be 1 as well, since I know your application is limited to only 1 active TCP connection.

The only feature that would be awesome is the "VPN over DNS (IPv4) RUDP/DNS"
Screenshot 2022-12-24 165925.png
Screenshot 2022-12-24 165925.png (22.48 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Screenshot 2022-12-24 165831.png
Screenshot 2022-12-24 165831.png (30.19 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'll see if it will be possible to add the RUDP protocol...
phllip22

Post by phllip22 »

Thank you so much!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

UDP over DNS and NAT-T has been added in the new version 1.01.29.
Please, update the app and check the "Remote servers" section.