How do I add multiple vpns and only have one connect at a time and use the others as backup?

Support requests about VPN Client Pro
computersteve

How do I add multiple vpns and only have one connect at a time and use the others as backup?

Post by computersteve »

How do I set this up where I add multiple OpenVPN configs and make one connect automatically and only make the others connect 1 by 1 if the other is down almost like round robin. So if one isn't working it goes to the next and so on and so on.
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I add multiple vpns and only have one connect at a time and use the others as backup?

Post by admin »

You can add multiple remote servers to the same VPN profile. By default, remote servers will be used in round robin
computersteve

Re: How do I add multiple vpns and only have one connect at a time and use the others as backup?

Post by computersteve »

Ok which is what I did.. However..What if you have multiple VPN providers with different CA certificates & Authentication. This doesn't allow that. With the way you described I can only use different servers from the same provider !
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm sorry but this is currently not supported.
computersteve

Post by computersteve »

Ok well I suggest this be added as a feature.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for your suggestion.
This functionality has been added in the new release 1.01.45.
To use the profile in a failover configuration it is recommended to set the "Set max handshake attempts before disconnecting" option for WireGuard or "Set max connection retries" for the other protocols