Auto Start/Always On not working

Support requests about VPN Client Pro
DaveClouding

Auto Start/Always On not working

Post by DaveClouding »

Hi,

I just purchased today, on the Google Play Store, a yearly subscription for VPN CLient Pro to be able to use the AutoStart/Always On feature and connect to my office OpenVPN from the phone.

Unfortunately, it looks like the AutoStart feature is not working on my Huawei P10 phone.

Once configured in VPN CLient Pro, my OpenVPN remote access works perfectly if I start the connection manually from VPN Client Pro; but, when I try to configure the same connection to connect at startup and to be always on, the said setting is ignored by my phone and, after each phone restart, the vpn is off and I still need to start it manually.

Since the main reason I purchased this client is the AutoStart/Always On feature for HA on my office network, is it there any solution I can try to get it work ?

Thanks in Advance for any suggestion.

Dave
dave.clouding@gmail.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto Start/Always On not working

Post by admin »

Most probably the huawei ROM has a custom settings to grant to the app the permission to start at boot-up.
Please, try to search on google Huawei autostart manager
BrandonDah

-

Post by BrandonDah »

Hi, I recently purchased openauto pro and am attempting to configure it. I keep running into the same problem which is that open auto will not start running. I have tried several different ways of running the executable but it still isnt starting. Any suggestions?
admin
Site Admin

Re: -

Post by admin »

BrandonDah wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:50 pm Hi, I recently purchased openauto pro and am attempting to configure it. I keep running into the same problem which is that open auto will not start running. I have tried several different ways of running the executable but it still isnt starting. Any suggestions?
Hello,
this problem should be related to the Android ROM used by your device.
Maybe it has some custom settings to allow/disallow app's autostart.
Please check your device settings ...