No save button

Support requests about VPN Client Pro
Helsing001

No save button

Post by Helsing001 »

I'm trying to use the VPN Client PRO application on Android but on my Android 9 TV Box there's no save button. I checked on my phone and it is present there. I attached how it shows on the TV Box.

The VPN itself seems to be working: I can add an OpenVPN configuration file and successfully connect to my VPN. The issue I'm having: I'm only connecting to VPN in order to be able to connect to the local network present on the VPN server side, but by default the 'Don't route the local network' is checked and because of this I can't access the local network (the official OpenVPN does route by default the local network, I don't know why for this the default is the opposite).

Could we have an update where I can see the save button so I can update the configuration?
Attachments
photo.jpeg
photo.jpeg (62.36 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: No save button

Post by admin »

Hello,

from the photo it looks like you are using an old version.
Please, remove the app and install it from Google Play.
Helsing001

Post by Helsing001 »

I installed it from Google Play. Then, seeing no save button I thought it might be older (although Google Play installs the latest version, from what I know), so I uninstalled it, downloaded an APK that is just 8 days older and installed that, it was the same. Then I tried a version 1 year older, hoping it's a recent bug - it's the same.
So, it's not an old version, it's probably a bug for (maybe) wider screens?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The TV layouts are correctly saved in res/layout-land-television, so Android TV device must use them instead of phone layouts.
Seems that your TV device uses the wrong layouts.

This is how it should be seen on TV:
Screenshot_1639411930.png
Screenshot_1639411930.png (31.04 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
Helsing001

Post by Helsing001 »

Thanks!
Can you think of any solution to this? If only I could reach that save button :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You're welcome.
I'm sorry but the problem seems on your device.
Have you checked for device firmware updates?
Helsing001

Post by Helsing001 »

Yeah, there aren't any.
No worries, the problem is I was using the official OpenVPN application, which was working when connected to the WiFi, but now my WiFi doesn't work anymore, so I wired the TV Box, unfortunately now the official application breaks when connecting to the VPN. VPN Client PRO doesn't break, but I can't change the settings. I guess I will buy a USB WiFi adapter or change the TV Box.