Saving username and the widget

Discussion about VPN Client Pro
MidnightInAurora

Saving username and the widget

Post by MidnightInAurora »

Good morning,

Just subscribed to CP for the TAP emulator. Absolutely brilliant! It will save us from the dreaded TUN and its 10.8.0.0 fiasco.

I do have two questions -

1. Is there a way of saving the username in the login? I don't want the password saved, but it would be nice to have the username prefilled.

2. When trying to place the widget on the homescreen, I can drag it there but it doesn't persist. Once placed, it's not there when the homescreen is displayed.

Thank you for taking the time to develop such a great product.

Jim
admin
Site Admin

Re: Saving username and the widget

Post by admin »

Thank you for the purchase.
1. Is there a way of saving the username in the login? I don't want the password saved, but it would be nice to have the username prefilled.
Yes, edit the VPN profile, tap on "Authentication", select "Save user and password", put only the user name and save the chnages.
2. When trying to place the widget on the homescreen, I can drag it there but it doesn't persist. Once placed, it's not there when the homescreen is displayed.
I just tried and the wigets works correctly. Maybe your device has some troubles to handle it.
As alternative you can try to use the shortcuts: start the app, tap on VPN profile name, tap on top left icon with 3 dots, tap on "Create shortcut"
MidnightInAurora

Post by MidnightInAurora »

Thank you. Both of those tips worked great.

I would guess it's my tablet handling widgets. It's a very old Lenovo tablet.

Stay safe.

Jim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You're welcome.
Thank you for the feedback.