[Feature request] OpenConnect group authentication before first connection

Discussion about VPN Client Pro
Ange1BgLz

[Feature request] OpenConnect group authentication before first connection

Post by Ange1BgLz »

Hello. I want to connect to a OpenConnect server using group but I want to setup that directly on first connection (group is a URI after a slash, not only server url ex. vpn.example.com:443/GROUP) like the original OpenConnect app does.

First attachment: OpenConnect request the url server like an endpoint, not only a domain or IP server.
Second attachment: VPN Clients Pro receives the default VPN group server, even if I've been defined their group in profile settings.
Third attachment: The "defined" group for this vpn profile.

The "authentication" section does not show any group configuration. If it shows after first connection, also I need to setup that directly before first connection.

I'm using version 1.01.04

Please consider that.
Thank you in advance.

PS. Sorry for bad English
Attachments
Screenshot_20220318-103810_VPN Client Pro.jpg (31.69 KiB) Viewed 2667 times
Second attachment: VPN Clients Pro receives the default VPN group server, even if I've been defined their group in profile settings.
20220318_103303.jpg (365.46 KiB) Viewed 2667 times
First attachment: OpenVPN request the url server like an endpoint, not only a domain or IP server.
First attachment: OpenVPN request the url server like an endpoint, not only a domain or IP server.
Screenshot_20220318-102958_OpenConnect.jpg (189.78 KiB) Viewed 2667 times
Last edited by Ange1BgLz on Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: [Feature request] OpenConnect group authentication

Post by admin »

Hello,

yes, at the moment the group can only be selected after the first connection.
I'll think about it...
Ange1BgLz

Re: [Feature request] OpenConnect group authentication before first connection

Post by Ange1BgLz »

Yes, please! I'll really like that because my corporate VPN provider doesn't allow to sign in to the default VPN group, it always says "Login failed". Therefore, I cannot do the first logon and then, select my group.
But if I type the group name manually before first logon, I should connect to the VPN without any problem.

Thank you! :)
admin
Site Admin

Re: [Feature request] OpenConnect group authentication before first connection

Post by admin »

The feature has been added in the new version 1.01.07.
In the "Authentication" section there is the new "Set group" option which can also be set during the creation of the VPN profile