Android TV

Discussion about VPN Client Pro
tvshare1306

Android TV

Post by tvshare1306 »

Hi,
It would be great if you could make the app available for Android TV devices. I am currently using it on Android TV and it works well except some icon selection issues due to the use of the remote control instead of the touch screen.
If this is not possible, could you please make the apk available for download on your website to avoid the risk of corrupted apk from third party sites?

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Android TV

Post by admin »

For the TV devices you should wait a bit...
Podwyer

Post by Podwyer »

Hi, I have great results using the VPN on my phone for an OpenVPN Tap connection, but need the same for Android TV.
Can you tell us where this is on the roadmap?
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To be available for the TV, the app must be approved by Google.
Some weeks ago I tried again to submit the app for the Google approval, but has been rejected.
So I cannot give you a date.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Google has to approve the app for android tv so it could be available on sites as an apk download
minabibawi@gmail.com

Post by minabibawi@gmail.com »

This is a much needed feature. I think you need to compile the app with Android studio, after ticking the Android TV compatibility checkbox when creating the project.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately it's not so simple.
To be approved by Google, the user interface must be rewritten.
The problem is that the Google user interface pattern for the TV devices, is not thinked for apps with complex user interactions.
So, for this app is not simple to write a user interface that follow the Google directions.
minabibawi@gmail.com

Thanks. However, until solving the problem, why don't you make the apk available on your site for download? I am already using the app on Android TV after downloading the apk from a third party site. It is however less secure. It will be safer to get the apk directly from your site.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here the apk for Android 8.1 and later
1.00.24-VpnClientPro-google-api27-arm64-v8a-release.zip

Here the apk for old Android versions
1.00.24-VpnClientPro-google-api15-arm64-v8a-release.zip
minabibawi@gmail.com

So many thanks. However the Android 8.1 apk gives error: "there was a problem parsing the package" could you please check that the apk is not corrupted? It will also be highly appreciated to regularly share the apks each time there is an update. Again so many thanks for your time and efforts.